Friday, April 8, 2011

CANNELÉS BORDELAIS - LAROUSSE CUISINE BOOK REVIEW

Cannelés Picnik collage 2 bis
Book Review - Critique De Livre

I don't know if it's the same for you, but sometimes there are specialities I dream of making, yet for no apparent reason I never get to test them as fast as I wish. For example I have been dreaming of tasting and baking "Cannelés Bordelais" since the day I started blogging in 2005. I have been drooling over that French cake for long and every time I saw a post on that subject I promised myself to make them, but somehow never got to it (until lately). Finding the correct mold already took me a couple of years (Switzerland isn't a great place for amateur bakers) and then I needed a few months to finally get cracking.
Well, I am known for being a big procrasitinator. I guess that is my problem... /// Je ne sais pas si vous êtes comme moi, mais beaucoup de fois je vois une spécialité que je désire tester et il me faut un certain temps avant de mettre la main à la pâte. Par example, ça fait un bon bout de temps (depuis que j'ai commencé à bloguer en 2005) que je salive à l'idée de faire des "Cannelés Bordelais" et que je me promets d'en préparer chaque fois que j'en vois sur vos blogs. Pourtant jusqu'à aujourd'hui je n'ai pas réussi à en confectionner. Il m'a déjà fallu plusieurs année pour dénicher le moule (en Suisse on est pas gâté lorsqu'il est question de matériel de cuisine), puis encore quelques mois avant de finalement me décider sauter le pas. Je suis une vraie procrastinatrice et je pense que c'est ça mon problème...

So, when the Editions Larousse kindly sent me their latest book "Petits Cannelés.... A Dévorer" I had no more excuse not to drag my sorry ass into the kitchen and whip up some cute cannelés. /// Alors quand Les Editions Larousse m'ont gentiment fait parvenir le livre"Petits Cannelés.... A Dévorer" (une de leurs récentes parutions), je n'avais plus d'excuse pour ne pas bouger mon popotin et m'activer à la création de cannelés.

Catherine Nicolas' dainty book contains gorgeous pictures and gives you the opportunity to prepare many different variations of that heavenly snack. Her 30 recipes for sweet, savory, classic and non-traditional cannelés (original recipe, kourabiedes-, cheesecake-, tapioca pudding-, pomme d'amour-, carrot cake-, chorizo polenta-, speck muffin-style cannelés, etc...) are very imaginative and pleasant. Whether you are a die-hard worshipper of the historic version or you are a more adventurous baker I'm pretty sure that you'll have fun creating those lovely petits fours which will meet a great success at your table when served for teatime, brunch or as an apperitive. /// Le mignon petit livre de Catherine Nicolas est merveilleusement illustré et nous donne la possibilité de réaliser multiples variations autour de ce délicieux gâteau. Les 30 recettes sucrées, salées, classiques et non-traditionnnelles qu'elle nous présente sont très imaginatives et séduisantes (cannelés d'amour, cannelés aux pruneaux, cannelés en pâte de fruits, cannelés en robe de chocolat, cannelés à la crème d'avocat, cannelés moelleux aux lardons, cannelés de chèvre aux courgettes). Que vous soyez un(e) grand(e) amateur(amatrice) du cannelé original ou que vous adorez la nouveauté je suis sûre que vous prendrez beaucoup de plaisir à créer ces petits fours qui seront les stars incontournables de tous vos cafés gourmands, brunches, goûters ou appéritifs.

For my part I decided to try her "Cannelés Bordelais" in order to put an end to my years of craving for that humble treat. Although this experiment proved me once again that my reasons for
loathing those damn silicone pans (they stink, stick and my cakes always get squashed when I try to unmold them - the old-fashioned metal molds/pans work perfectly and never let me down) are grounded, I was nonetheless really happy with the end result. Even if my cannelés were quite fugly, they nonentheless tasted divine and had the most orgasmic of textures. /// Pour ma part, j'ai décidé d'essayer la recette pour les "Cannelés Bordelais" classiques afin de mettre fin à ces années passées à saliver devant les images de cette humble gourmandise. Bien que cette aventure m'ait encore une fois prouvé que ma haine contre les moules en silicone est fondée (ils puent, collent et mes gâteaux sont toujours écrasés lorsque je les éjecte du moule - les bons vieux moules métalliques ne me laissent jamais tomber), j'étais tout de même contente du résultat final. Mes cannelés étaient assez moches, mais cela ne les a pas empêché d'être divins et d'avoir une textures des plus orgasmiques.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Cannelés Picnik collage 6 bis
According to the legend, this treat dates back to the 17th century and was invented by nuns of the convent of The Annonciades (today, nuns of the convent of Mercy) in Bordeaux. Back then cannelés were called "canelas" or "canelons", were long thin cakes wound around a stick ("canne" in french, hence the name) and fried in lard. Apparently they are very closely linked to the making of red wine. This beverage was filtered through whipped egg whites and as the personnel of the castle did not know what to do with the leftover egg yolks, they donated them the cloister.

This marvelous pastry has gone through ups and downs since the day it was invented. Its origin is still unclear and the word's ethymology is very enigmatic. The name "Can(n)elé" (pronounced "kah-nuh-leh" and meaning "fluted") is very recent. In 1970 it does not appear in the “Guide Gourmand de la France” by Gault and Millau and it is only when, in 1985, the brotherhood of the Canelé of Bordeaux sees the day of light that the name becomes a collective brand. Ten years later, this goodie is once again very popular and many manufactures are built (about 1400) in Aquitaine and Gironde. Today this wonder of the French culinary patrimony is so fashionable and beloved that it can be found in numerous bakeries in France and around the world (it can even be bought at Bordeaux's McDonalds -*ugh*).

When it comes to cannelés there are a lot of secrets surrounding them, but one thing is for sure, there is absolutely no mystery to why those unique confections meet such a success. It is absolutely impossible to doubt their deliciousness. They are just irrefutably fantastic and irresistible.

Made with a revamped crêpe batter, "
Cannelés Bordelais" are a bit like a cross
between a pancake, waffle, pudding, popovers and clafoutis. Their moist, spongy and custardy insides, crisp, crusty, chewy and caramelized outsides as well as amazing flavor redolent of vanilla and rum will enchant your tastebuds and conquer your heart. This delicacy is so exquisite that you'll be incapable of forgetting it and will bake them on a regular basis.

Oh, why did it take me so long to discover those wonderful babies? When I think that I have wasted so many years dawdling, it makes me rip my hair out in utter desperation. So, please do me a favor, don't be stupid like me and postpone the sampling of "Cannelés Bordelais" (or anything else for that effect). Run into your kitchen and make the immediately!

Cannelés Cherry Blossom 1.2 bis
~ Cannelés Bordelais ~
Recipe adapted from
"Petits Cannelés.... A Dévorer" by Catherine Nicolas.

Makes 12 mini cannelés or 7 medium cannelés.

Ingredients:
1 Pod vanilla or 1 1/2 Tsp Pure vanilla paste
200ml Full-fat milk
20g Unsalted butter, at room temperature
1 Big egg
90g Granulated sugar
1 Tbs Dark rum
45g All-purpose flour
1 Pinch Fine sea salt

Method:
1 . Put the milk in a small pan. Add the split and scraped vanilla pod (or the vanilla paste). Bring to the boil, remove from the heat and let rest for 10 minutes.
2 . In a medium bowl, cream the butter together with the sugar.
3 . Add the egg and mix well (use a whisk).
4. Incorporate the rum, then the flour and salt. Whisk well (there should be no lumps left).
5. Slowly pour the warm milk into the mixture while mixing gently.

6. Put the batter in the fridge (in a closed recipient) for 12 hours minumum.

Cannelés Picnik collage 4 bis
7. The next day, preheat the oven to 210° C (410 ° C).
8. Pour the batter into the cannelé compartments about 3/4 of the way.
9. Bake for about 1 hour (or 45 minutes if you are using the mini molds).
10 . Once you've removed the cannelés from the oven, proceed to unmoold. Let cool on a wire rack.


Remarks:
I recommend you to use a traditional metal cannelé pan (no silicone).
If you don't have a cannelé pan then you can use a popover pan.
Cannelés are ready when they are crusty and looking caramelized as well as dark on the outside.
Eat rapidly. They are best when eaten fresh and still a little warm.

Serving suggestions:
Serve for dessert with some whipped cream and a fruit salad or alone for breakfast or teatime.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Cannelés Picnik collage 3 bis
~ Cannelés Bordelais ~
Recette adaptée de "Petits Cannelés.... A Dévorer" par Catherine Nicolas.

Pour 12 mini cannelés ou 7 cannelés moyen.

Ingrédients:
1 Gousse de vanille ou 1 1/2 CC de Pâte de vanille pure
200ml de Lait entier
20g de Beurre non-salé, ramolli
1 Gros oeuf
90g de Sucre cristallisé
1 CS de Rhum brun
45g de Farine blanche
1 Pincée de Sel de mer fin

Méthode:
1 . Mettre le lait dans une casserole. Y ajouter la gousse de vanille (fendue en deux et raclé - ou la pâte de vanille pure) et ses graines. Porter à ébullition, puis éteindre le feu et laissez infuser 10 minutes à couvert.
2 . Dans un bol moyen, mélanger ensemble le sucre et le beurre mou.
Les battre en pommade.
3 . Ajouter l'oeuf et bien mélanger à l'ai
de d'un fouet.
4. Incorporer le rhum, puis la farine et le sel. Bien mélanger (il ne faut plus qu'il y ait de grumeaux).
5. Verser le lait petit à petit tout en remuant doucement avec le fouet.

6. Mettre la préparation au frigo (dans un récipient fermé) pendant au moins 12 heures.

Cannelés Picnik collage 1 bis
7. Le lendemain, préchauffer le four à 210° C (410 ° C).
8. Remplir les moules à mini cannelés aux trois quarts.
9. Enfournez et faites cuire pendant 1 heure (45 minutes pour les petits) environ.
10 . Démouler les cannelés au sortir du four et faire refroidir sur un grille.
Servir tiède ou à température ambiante.

Remarques:
Je vous conseille de cuire ces cannelés dans des moules métalliques.
Les cannelés sont prêts quand leur croûte est bien caramélisée et sombre.
Cette spécialité est meilleure fraîche et juste sortie du four (mais refroidie un peu).

Idées de présentation:
Servir au dessert avec de la crème chantilly et une salade de fruits, ou pour le petit déjeûner ou à l'heure du thé (sans accompagnement).

Cannelés Picnik collage 5 bis

113 comments:

  1. Rosa, luv the airy middle of these...coffee yet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cannelés and gorgeous photography!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rosa, this is the first time I've heard of cannelés and they sound delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooo, your canalles look wonderful! I've been wanting to get a pan for a long time too... glad you mentioned that you liked metal better than silicone because I was holding out until I found a silicone mold - now I'll forget about that!

    Great post. Have a great weekend.

    :)
    ButterYum

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jolis et délicieux cannelés. Moi non plus je n'aime pas les moules en silicones, même de marques, la texture des gâteaux est bien différente..tel les madeleines, bien meilleur dans les anciens moules, plus craquantes, plus levées (et avec la même pâte et le même four)
    Bisous et bon WE.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never had a cannele before. It sort of looks like a cruller from the picture where you cut into it. Sounds really good!
    The French really know their pastries.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've seen a post about canneles only once before... I am desperate to try them! Beautiful photos!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I do that all the time--think of things I want to try cooking or baking and then put it off for years. I've still never attempted a croquembouche. But, I'm so glad you got around to trying canneles. They look lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Rosa lovely cannelés and beautiful pictures,look delicious, have a lovely weekend Rosa, xxgloria

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVE cannelés, they're are sooooo good :-)

    My best,
    Birthe from Denmark

    ReplyDelete
  11. Bravo pour tes cannelés: ces petits gâteaux n'en ont pas l'air mais ils sont drôlement difficiles à réussir. Je m'en sors mieux avec des moules en silicone, mais c'est dans les moules en cuivre qu'ils sont les meilleurs... (j'ai acheté les miens à Bordeaux) là le problème c'est le démoulage, il faut les graisser avec de la cire d'abeille (trop compliqué pour moi!)... As-tu vu le billet sur le blog "chez Pim" (in english) sur les cannelés? Une mine d'or avec tous les bons trucs pour les réussir!
    Bises, bonne fin de semaine...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful! Those cannelés look delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I hav never had a canella before...I'm seriously drooling over these pics !your presentation and photos are just too good !

    ReplyDelete
  14. the insides of those look so absolutely delicious. You can just tell they are airy but dense all in the same bite.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh wow the centers look so cool, never seen a cake like that. Loving all of these new colorful shots Rosa.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Rosa, they are so awesome. Only french can think of whipping up something so wicked! And the photos are fabulous, as always!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I remember making this, and it was so painful to try to un mold it. I used metal cannelle molds, and brushed with lots of butter, yet still difficult. I read that you must layer the mold with bee's wax to avoid it stick to the mold, and also to get the right dark color. So, what's your secret ? I want to make this immediately. Thanks Rosa.

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a fabulous treat! They look lovely and seem to be calling for a lazy afternoon and a cup of tea.

    ReplyDelete
  19. They look delicious. The cookbook looks great too!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi! I've been following your blog for a bit, I love your style and your recipes. Your cannelés look really scrumptious! I was complaining yesterday because they didn't have the molds at the store. I had to resort to making madeleines instead. Then I found my old molds (lost before I could even use them) this morning. The batter is in the fridge until tomorrow, I really hope they turn out half as perfect as yours look!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love the look of these Rosa. I can only imagine their taste.

    ReplyDelete
  22. This book must be wonderful! What a delicious treat! I had never heard about them, now I want to try them!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Moi aussi je veux faire des cannelés, mais je n'ai pas de moule encore! Je travaille fort pour en trouver... L'ennui avec ceux en métal c'est qu'ils sont extrêmement chers!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love these, and there are never enough bakeries that actually make them these days. If only I lived near you, so I could score some when my craving hits. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  25. They look so mouth-watering Rosa! Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  26. BEAUTIFUL is the word for this Rosa..you recreated the classic perfectly..this goes to my "must make list" :)
    Wonderful shots!
    US Masala

    ReplyDelete
  27. Le rouge monte sur mes joues....le rouge de la honte ! j'habite à côté de Bordeaux (Arcachon) depuis 18 mois et je ne sais pas faire d'aussi beaux cannelés !!! ils ont toujours un truc qui ne va pas....félicitations rosa !

    ReplyDelete
  28. I have never made the cannelés, since I always heard you must have the copper molds and they are expensive..I also know they are not as easy..Yours are great! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Ton billet va sans doute me convaincre moi aussi de le faire ce fameux cannelé ! J'adore la texture toute alvéolée à l'intérieur et cette peau toute dorée...
    Bon, il faut que je trouve les moules...

    ReplyDelete
  30. MICHELLE CHIN: I did. Those are mx pictures... ;-p

    ELRA: Yes, I've heard that they brush thge molds with bee's wax, but I've never done that. i used my silicone molds and just poured the batter into them... Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Aussi vrai que cela puisse être, je n'ai jamais goûté de cannelés. Alors ce qui est dommage dans ce genre de situation, c'est que si j'en fait moi même, je serai bien incapable de savoir s'ils sont réussis ou pas... En tout cas, les tiens sont très beaux, et bien dorés comme il faut !

    ReplyDelete
  32. Wow, this sounds wonderful..I don't think I've ever heard about this before but it truly looks and sounds amazing..love the filling..look so yummy! Thanks for sharing, Rosa!
    Enjoy your weekend..Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  33. How is it that I'm just learning of this irresistible treat just now. I'll have to bake them now. Glad to learn about those silicone pans. I'll avoid them.

    ReplyDelete
  34. J'ai mis très longtemps à en faire, entendant la difficulté à les réussir puis j'ai commandé des moules, me suis lancée et ai été conquise. C'est un délice.

    ReplyDelete
  35. LOoks so tasty. Ive never seen anything quite like those before. The eggy interior looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Rosa,
    I am like you, I wait for ever to make something and then end up forgetting sometimes. I have seen these cakes in a lot of places and I thought they were more like cakes, I didn't expect the interior to be like that. They look delicious.

    I don't think I will invest in a mold yet, I want to try them first.

    Thanks for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  37. I have never made cannelés!! I always wanted to buy the molds! Yours are gorgeous! bravo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  38. sensational photography as usual...

    ReplyDelete
  39. OUAH C'est une pure merveille! Tes photos sont à croquer, bravo! =)
    Bon week-end!

    ReplyDelete
  40. I've only made these once, Rosa, and they didn't turn out as beautifully as yours! I've got that wonderful silpat cannele pan, too. I adore it. I like the touch of rum in the recipe.

    Nice review!

    (Saw Ina Garten making some individual mini cakes in one of those pans but haven't found that size yet. They have perhaps 4 in each....fairly good size cakes.)

    ReplyDelete
  41. le temps de repos est primordial !pierre

    ReplyDelete
  42. Your cannelés are gorgeous but your photos breathtaking.
    Outstanding work ♥

    ReplyDelete
  43. I love, love your pictures and also the desserts you have in your blog.
    I am having a great time visiting.

    Mely

    ReplyDelete
  44. Rosa, I should really revisit the canneles again...having bought the expensive copper molds, I simply must utilize them more often :). Love the custardy insides of the canneles!

    ReplyDelete
  45. I've never heard of these canneles, Rosa! I love it when I learn something new! Adorable and delicious treats!

    ReplyDelete
  46. This is looking wonderful Rosa... !

    ReplyDelete
  47. Hi Rosa, You can probably guess that I look at a lot of blog posts because I enjoy cooking, food and reading what my favorite bloggers have to say about what they cook and every subject that interests them. So, considering that I want you to know that your site is one of my favorites and this is one of my all time favorites of all your posts. I love your blog:-)

    ReplyDelete
  48. Even with the treachery of the silicone molds, they still look lovely, and sound divine. Any dessert that uses vanilla pods and dark rum must taste fantastic :)

    ReplyDelete
  49. Well, I had been to every pastry shop in Paris and eaten everything or so I thought but when I started seeing cannelés in book and magazines like ELLE table, I realized I had never even tasted them!
    Your description are so convincing and the photos so exquisite, I need to make them or buy them; soon

    ReplyDelete
  50. Beautiful canneles, Rosa! I feel like making them now.

    ReplyDelete
  51. Beautiful!! I need to get my hands on some moulds so I can give this a try :D

    ReplyDelete
  52. wow those looks real good. nvr tried a cannelé, will need to now

    ReplyDelete
  53. Tout est parfait comme toujours ma belle Rosa!!

    Bo dimanche à toi xx

    ReplyDelete
  54. Bordeaux n'est pas très loin...les moules traditionnels en cuivre sont fort couteux, dans ma recette on enfourne à four chaud et on baisse ensuite , et c'est trop bon!

    ReplyDelete
  55. Oh my goodness these pictures are gorgeous. These cakes are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  56. I was searching for this recipe. Thanks for share

    ReplyDelete
  57. WOW I can't believe you just posted a Canneles recipe...I tried them for the first time yesterday before I saw this post...silly me...I was intrigued by a recipe that said to coat the molds with beeswax...of which I have a decent amount...so I tried it and ended up with my teeth coated for hours afterwards...2nd lot NO WAX..they were divine...I will try your recipe too though as I have never had a real cannele so am not sure if mine are correct or no...also I replaced the rum with maple syrup and it was a very nice flavour...

    ReplyDelete
  58. stunning, amazing and delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  59. Rosa these look simply beautiful! I love the texture of the inside, and so neat to think of how old the recipe is. 17th century! Amazing : )

    ReplyDelete
  60. I don't feel so strange anymore now that you too share the same mantra of dream-about-but-never-got-around ;) Cannelés is definitely one of them for me! For me the first step is probably getting around to get a copper Cannelés pan!

    ReplyDelete
  61. Ils sont tout à fait bien réussis ! Tu sais, j'ai un peu résolu le problème des plaques de biscuits en silicone qui donnent un démoulage catastrophique ... et découpant les alvéoles. Me voilà, en ce qui concerne les cannelés, avec des moules individuels et je t'assure que les démouler l'un après l'autre est bien plus contrôlable ! ;o)
    Bisous et bonne journée
    Hélène

    ReplyDelete
  62. Oooh, These cannelés look Cute-Cute- Cute! And I bet they taste fantastic too. Will have to give them a try soon :)

    Fabulous photos, as always!

    Aldy.

    ReplyDelete
  63. I've been wanting to make these for soooo long. The other day I was in a baking shop that sold silicone cannelé moulds but a friend of mine advised me against getting it and I'm glad I listened to her. Will have to scout out a metal one instead. Lucky you getting such a fabulous book to review and congrats on your finished results - gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  64. those innards don't look at all like what i expected--how exciting and delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  65. it truly put a smile on my face when I see this, I had try to bake it but was unsuccessfuyl, now you got to teach me the right way! :)

    ReplyDelete
  66. Rosa, I adore Cennelés bordelais yet I have never made them either; I always thought they must be so difficult to make! Yours are just fabulously perfect, both inside and out and if it is even partly because of this book then I am going to buy it. Stunning!

    And ditto on the silicone.

    ReplyDelete
  67. I feel excited about trying these. Also gives me a reason to buy a metal canelle pan! Your article is so interesting, Rosa.

    ReplyDelete
  68. Magnifiquement reussis pour une premiere dis donc, la texture a l'air parfaite.

    ReplyDelete
  69. These are very pretty and delicious looking treats! Would so love one with my coffee right now!

    ReplyDelete
  70. Bon alors si tu me prends par les sentiments, avec les cannelés tu es sûre de faire mouche :-)
    Belle semaine à toi Rosa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  71. Tu sais je suis complétement d'accord avec toi ! Les cannelés dans mes moules en silicone sont toujours moches... Je vais investir dans des petits moules en cuivre pour voir :)! En tout cas tes photos sont exquises !

    ReplyDelete
  72. I have a long list of specialities I have been wanting ot make, glad you made the canneles!! they look amazing, love the side by side shot of the treat and trees!!

    sweetlife

    ReplyDelete
  73. Oh wow, I love the Cannelés Bordelais, and your photos of the flowers in spring :) I think I might double the recipe to make more, if that will work?

    ReplyDelete
  74. Très réussis ces petits cannelés, joliment mis en valeur par tes photos !! Bonne semaine, bises

    ReplyDelete
  75. XINMEI: Yes you can double it without problem.... Thanks for the kind words! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  76. Rosa, your canneles look so pretty and delicious as well! I don't think I could wait until they are cool down.

    ReplyDelete
  77. How beautiful - love these!!

    ReplyDelete
  78. It is so delicious. I only make that kind of traditional and sweet cannelés, but I found some recipes of salty ones which I noted the recipes to test them when I will have time.
    But I note the title of the book you mentionned here : what amasing a full book dedicated to cannelés.
    Bises

    ReplyDelete
  79. Cannelés are a big thing here in MTL. Recently, a foodie taught me how to make those. Yours turn out perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  80. Rosa, I have never had canneles, but they sound amazing. Sounds like the texture is complex and unlike any other pastry I have ever had. Wish u were closer so I could nab some.

    ReplyDelete
  81. Hi Rosa...I would love to share some awards with u.....plz visit my space and accept it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  82. I am sitting on my sorry ass too right now :-)

    Have been promising myself to bake these cute canneles too but unfortunately the moulds are yet to be found.

    So bravo to you for the great and fortunate step of baking them first :-)

    ReplyDelete
  83. Chaque fois que je vois des cannelés sur les blogs, je me dis qu'il faudrait vraiment que j'étrenne enfin mes moules, qui dorment au fond du placard depuis au moins 10ans ! Les photos des tiens sont très tentantes.

    ReplyDelete
  84. Un régal avec une tasse de thé ces cannelés!

    ReplyDelete
  85. Yummy! Never made them before but will do so soon:)
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  86. j'adore les cannelés...je n'en fais pas souvent...j'attends la venue des mûres pour faire un coulis avec !
    bon mardi
    val de familyblog

    ReplyDelete
  87. Inspiring; although I do not have your way with yeast. I too have been having difficulty unmolding from the silicon pans. I am glad I'm not alone.

    ReplyDelete
  88. Dur dur de résister à tes cannelés !! :)

    ReplyDelete
  89. Il y a un jeu extraodinaire dans les couleurs de tes photos et j'adore !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  90. I have so many "some day recipes" Rosa, I probably couldn't get to each and every one, EVER!

    Your little bundles are exquisite. I adore the garnish of trivia as I knew nothing about their history. I do, however, know they are all the deliciousness you describe and as humble to the eye as your choices in flowers.

    Thank you so very much for sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  91. Absolutely and completely GORGEOUS post. My mouth is watering just looking at the cannelés photos . Its look delicious. =(^.^)=
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  92. Miam ils ont l'air délicieux ! Très belles photos !!!

    ReplyDelete
  93. Love these canneles but have to confess I've never eaten one. They remind me of a cross between a policed and a cream puff pastry.

    ReplyDelete
  94. Those look amazing, Rosa! The crispy exterior and wonderful insides have me craving them something fierce! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  95. Chouette billet, magnifiques cannelés !

    ReplyDelete
  96. My Aunt from Bordeaux used to make these all the time when she came visiting in Italy during our family get togethers. I do remember eating them, however, sadly, I had not paid attention on how she baked them. I also don't remember the addition of liquor. They were delicious.

    This recipe of yours sounds like it needs to go on my wish list of baked dreams ;o)

    Once again Rosa, beautiful post.

    Have a fabulous weekend,
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  97. I can't believe I've never tried these. Your words have got me craving canneles, as well as the book and some molds!

    ReplyDelete
  98. Cannelés are on my list of specialty bakes once I invest in those lovely little copper molds.

    Charming post, and love that edgy wire fence B/W.

    ReplyDelete
  99. These are so beautiful and the inside is just stunning! I love the cute little molds too.

    ReplyDelete
  100. This is one of the prettiest blogs I have ever come across. Love you, your blog, your photos!

    Awesome Rosa! Glad to have found ya!

    ReplyDelete
  101. So tempting! Ils sont magnifiques et on a juste envie de mordre dedans... je n'ai encore jamais goûté ces petites merveilles ...

    ReplyDelete
  102. Rosa, these looks soo gorgeous and sinfully buttery, rich, creamy heaven! BTW, nominated you at Saveur because you DO deserve it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  103. Ils sont magnifiques Rosa et donnent très envie. Bravo encore. Tes photos sont superbes. Bon week-end.

    ReplyDelete
  104. et dire que je n'en ai jamais fait, me faut vite les bons moules et hop jme lance, les tiens me donnent trop envie d'essayer!

    ReplyDelete
  105. il y a tant de recettes que je veux tester aussi! J'adore les cannelés bordelais, j'ai eu la chance d'en déguster de succulents lors de mes vacances près de Bordeaux, justement. L'idéal est le moule en cuivre, mais il a un certain coût...voir un coût certain.

    ReplyDelete